This document was last updated 16/02/14
Why do we collect personal information?
What personal information do we collect?
You must open an account or complete an online registration with Beers.Bg to download or purchase Beers.Bg products and services, including opt-in marketing and newsletters.
Information gathered during the registration or account creation process, or during access to particular products and services, may differ based on the nature of the product or service. Information that you provide when registering or creating an account, or accessing or using your account or the Beers.Bg products or services associated with your account, may include:
- Your name and address
- Billing information
- Products purchased
- Files or images accessed or downloaded from the Beers.Bg website
- Location information (such as address, postal code, country, the Internet Protocol (IP) address and URL of the website that sent you to the Beers.Bg registration page
- Any demographic information provided by you (such as language, gender and age).
Beers.Bg does not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from individuals under the age of 18.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
Beers.Bg understands that it is a privilege for us to have you as a customer and we are committed to protecting your personal information. We may use the following controls to protect your personal information:
- Use of secure connections using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology), to safeguard information when transmitted from your web browser to a payment processor
- Use of security controls to restrict access to databases housing personally identifying information
- Restricted employee and contractor access to databases containing personal information and the imposition of confidentiality requirements upon those employees who do
How do we use your personal information?
Beers.Bg uses your personal information to:
- Deliver to you and bill you for Beers.Bg products and services, and communicate with you concerning your account and customer service issues. This may include verifying authorisation of credit card usage before any purchase
- Improve our software and services by providing personalised content recommendations, language and location customisation, and/or personalised technical assistance and instructions
- Ask you (from time to time) to participate in surveys about products, services, news and events
- Offer you product upgrades, content, merchandise and services for purchase
- Provide you with content, services, instructions, and a more personalised experience based on personal information, such as your language preferences, postal code information, country locations, and any content or other preferences you provide
- Provide you with news, newsletters, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers
- Better understand how our products are used, including the non-personal analysis of Web traffic patterns and what types of content are most popular with users of our products and services.
Privacy on social networking sites
When you use the Beers.Bg website in conjunction with a Social Networking Site (such as Facebook, Google, Twitter or other similar services), your user ID, first and last name, profile picture and any other information you make publicly available may be received, stored, and viewed by Beers.Bg and made viewable to other users of the Social Networking Site.
When and how do we share your personal information with third parties?
Beers.Bg may disclose relevant information about our customers to our contractors (e.g. a customer service contractor or a credit card clearing service) in order for them to provide specific services for Beers.Bg, and to better serve our customers. Beers.Bg' contractors are bound by strict contractual requirements to keep all personal information they process strictly confidential and to use such information solely on behalf of Beers.Bg.
Additionally, Beers.Bg may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law; (b) comply with the order of a competent judicial authority; (c) comply with legal process served on Beers.Bg; (d) protect and defend the rights or property of Beers.Bg; or (e) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Beers.Bg products or the public at large.
Email from Beers.Bg
Registering for a product or service allows you to tell us how or whether you want Beers.Bg to communicate with you. Generally, we send e-mail to you about our products, content and special offers.
Separate Beers.Bg products, services and lines of business may send separate newsletters and marketing emails. During registration, you may opt out of receiving Beers.Bg marketing e-mails and/or newsletters for the relevant product or service. Additionally, your online Beers.Bg account, accessed through any private area of the Beers.Bg website, and through other links provided in emails and on Beers.Bg Web pages, enables you to select whether you wish to receive newsletters, marketing and promotional emails, special offers and the like from us.
However, we may continue to send you e-mail about products or services you have previously purchased (such as an available upgrade that you are entitled to receive), your account status or other information concerning functions, features and status of your Beers.Bg products and services, or to inform you about critical technical service issues relating to a Beers.Bg product or service.
How to access and update your personal information
To access your account information and preferences, select "My Account" from the menus on the Beers.Bg website. Log in to your account and modify your information and preferences as required.
If you have forgotten a username or password, you can use our online resources to recover it on successful provision of certain account credentials.
Security of personal & payment information/use of 'cookies'
Cookies are small files stored on a user's computer. They are designed to retain a small amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user.
Alternatively, the page itself may contain a script or code which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.
Beers.Bg does not require that you accept cookies, however, some functionality on our Websites, our product purchase check-out process, and products and services may be disabled if you decline to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
Contact us about privacy
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our products or services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us using this form